How in the WORLD do you homeschool FOUR children while telecommuting? Love, patience and a TON of coffee... Just in case you wanted it, here's a glimpse inside Mrs. Kastner's Klass.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The beat goes on....

I love that homeschooling is flexible... I love that we can homeschool at the hospital or homeschool at Oma's or homeschool at night.  I love that WE set our schedule... birthdays are school holidays for us... vacations don't require us to do a bunch of makeup work...  And I also LOVE that:

The beat goes on!!!  I looked outside my front window to see snow falling.  It's accumulating pretty well out here.  But guess what?  I don't have to worry.  I don't have to think CRUD!  What am I going to do if the kids get sent home early from school?  I don't have to find child care for an unexpected snow day or schedule an extra day because we had too many snow days.  I love that I can look out at the snow falling and not change a THING about my schedule... the beat goes on... In fact... I'm actually assigning MORE work due to the snowy conditions!  The only change I'm making to our schedule today is:  I'm going to assign some snow time during free time today... I'm going to endure the stress of dressing 4 children in snow clothes:  boots, snow pants, hats, mittens, and scarves (just so Hannah can have to pee after 3 minutes in the snow) because we are homeschooled and sledding and snowballs and snow play are VALUABLE skills to learn in this teacher's mind.

Happy snowy day everyone!  Hope you have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...